A national retail, repair and services company in the recreation industry was opening a new retail and servicing center in a market where they had no presence. To meet the opening-day deadline, they needed to hire 125 associates, including retail sales, customer service, mechanics and mid-level managers. An additional challenge was that the company was in the middle of an organization-wide cost-cutting initiative.
We developed a two-pronged approach: raise awareness of the employer, our client, as a new and exciting place to work, and create a highly personalized candidate experience to secure candidates on the spot.
- A three-month employer brand PR campaign that included radio, print and digital advertising, web promotion and media PR placements
- A regional job fair
- Filled all 125 positions weeks ahead of the store opening
- Allowed time for full on-boarding and deeper customer service training
- Created a regional talent pool of 700+ candidates
- Came in under budget
- Created a new process for future store openings